Is respect deserved or earned? May we propose two answers? A supervisor should earn the respect of the workforce, but the workforce deserves a respectful environment. This four-hour class highlights where these issues intersect and will cover the legal aspects of non-discrimination and anti-harassment legislation, supervisor’s responsibilities, and workers rights and responsibilities. The class highlights how behaviors and actions have significant impact on the effectiveness of the leader, as well as the success of the team.
- Identify the characteristics and benefits of a respectful workplace
- Understand the intent of applicable legislation
- Understand the legal definitions and procedures
- Identify where his/her team may be vulnerable
- Learn how to navigate through harassing or offensive situations
- Better enable respectful and positive work relationships and interactions
Attendees have the option of attending in-person or via web/video conference. If interested in attending via web/video conference, please contact us at 907-677-5532.