Supervisors don’t look forward to disciplining their staff and staff certainly don’t look forward to being disciplined. But often, discipline is needed. Broken into digestible moments, this four-hour online class helps supervisors navigate through this often-sensitive process while being respectful, thorough and fair. The insights and tools shared during this engaging and interactive class better enable supervisors and their staff to get beyond the discomfort and into a much better, productive and sustainable level of performance.
- Understand and effectively apply and protect the “at will” doctrine
- Understand the importance of healthy relationships and how to build effective two-way communication among the team
- Identify the causes of performance problems and better understand how to address situations
- Fully understand the role of effective communication and documentation in the discipline process
- Provide appropriate “due process” to minimize any liability
This class is conducted live online via video conference with effective, takeaway segments designed for engaging, interactive learning.